Responsible for undertaking a range of activities to assist academics with delivery of impact (benefit to society and the economy) from excellent research to external beneficiaries.
- Up to date awareness of changing external agenda and funding for impact from research.
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse routes to impact from all types of FBS research, use this ti guide development of new routes to delivery of impact.
- Pre-award support for impact-related parts of grant proposals, including Research Council Impact Summary and Pathways to Impact.
- Promotion, development and monitoring of FBS Impact and Innovation funding.
- Liaison with University of Leeds Research and Innovation Services and Commercialisation Services staff to identify new opportunities and support development of early stage commercialisation opportunities. Protection of Intellectual Property.
- Faculty REF2021 impact lead, with responsibility for identification and development of impact case studies for REF2021 and beyond.
- Communication of impact-related agenda to Faculty.
- Member of cross-university Impact Network, and REF impact sub-group of this network, to share and develop best practice in impact-related activities.